Clean water is not as easy to come by as you think. There are thousands of acres with drought all over the world and still places without clean running water. Locals often have to walk over 30 minutes to the nearest water source just to survive and provide for their families. Thankfully there are many charities set up dedicated to the relief of imminent environmental issues surrounding the availability and cleanliness of water. These charities are undergoing projects, implementing irrigation systems to communities. Below are some shocking statistics on how prevalent the water crisis is and soon to be…..
- Water scarcity affects more than 40% of the global population and is projected to rise. (UNDP)
- 3.6 billion people worldwide (nearly half the global population) are already living in potential water-scarce areas at least one month per year. This could increase to 4.8 to 5.7 billion in 2050. (UNESCO, 2018)
- Each day, nearly 1,000 children die due to preventable water and sanitation-related diseases. (UNDP)
- 4 billion people lack access to basic sanitation services, such as toilets or latrines. (UNDP)
- The World Economic Forum ranks water crises among the top global societal risks in terms of impact.
Sanitary standards are vital to reduce sickness such as Ecoli and Listeria outbreaks. Fresh clean water is hard to come by in a crisis and must be kept for vital necessities such as drinking and cooking. Waterless Limited TOWEL OFF solutions are a wonderful solution to keeping clean. Not only for the people in the area, but support workers too.
Waterless Limited has help the United Nations in the Western Sarhara, Droughts in South Africa, Earthquakes in Japan and even Emergency Contingency Plans, used in councils when there is a power cut, pipes that have burst and flooded or frozen.
Waterless Limited unique formulation is like no other, it is clinically tested in NHS settings. Not an aerosol, powder or dry alcohol refresh. Waterless solutions are in fact water based and that is why they work so well, removing mud, dirt, odours and urine. Waterless even offers solutions infused with antibacterial actives for added protection.